
The new 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro is here — and it killed the 13-inch MacBook Pro
The new 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro is here! It's replacing the M2 13-inch MacBook Pro,
2023-10-31 09:24

Tap into nostalgia with a retro gaming and TV console for $90
TL;DR: As of October 24, get this Android 9.0 Gaming & TV Console with Preloaded
2023-10-24 17:55

Japan's seafood takes a hit in Fukushima row
China has lost no time in slapping a full ban on Japanese seafood - which could cost Japan millions.
2023-08-24 18:55

What is the cost of Kylie Jenner Bratz doll? ‘The Kardashians’ star gets trolled as Internet claims she ‘paid’ for failed collab
Kylie Jenner's Bratz collaboration launched on August 1 has sparked internet skepticism as it transforms her into a Mini Bratz doll
2023-08-03 15:56

Mother asks if children should be ‘forced to share’ after son is ‘pushed’ for not sharing on splash pad
A mother has questioned whether children should be “forced” to share after revealing an incident in which her son was allegedly “pushed” by another child on a splash pad for not sharing. Skye Amundsen, a mother from Maryland who goes by the username @hopeandplum on TikTok, reflected on the incident in a video posted earlier this month. According to Amundsen, who noted that the video was a “message to the mom that had the audacity to tell me that my son should have to share at the splash pad,” she and her two-year-old son had been playing at a local park with an outdoor sprinkler when the confrontation occurred. “Now, hear me out before you judge me. My son is two. He’s playing. He likes to step on the little things on the splash pad and stop them from splashing up,” the TikToker said. “This splash pad has tons of these, so he’s not hurting anyone.” In the video, the TikToker said that a little girl, who was “unhappy” with her son’s behaviour, then walked up to the two year old and “pushes him”. “She’s bigger than him and she pushes him. And my son’s like: ‘No’ and he steps back on it,” Amundsen recalled. “And she pushes him again.” According to Amundsen, she was “sitting there watching” and “waiting” for the mother of the other child to intervene. “I was like, well, you know, I’m going to give her a chance,” the TikToker said. @hopeandplum What do you think? We don’t force sharing and find our kids do it naturally most of the time. But why would anyone share with someone being mean? #newmomtips #summermom #momlife ♬ original sound - hope&plum | Baby Carriers Amundsen said that the other mother didn’t intervene despite the woman’s daughter allegedly pushing her two year old for a third time. However, after the third time, the TikToker said her son got “mad” and pushed the other child back. “So I intervene, because I’m his mother and I’m not going to let him push people,” Amundsen continued, adding that, as she was talking to her son, the other mother approached her to confront her about her son’s behaviour. “As I’m talking to my son, this woman has the audacity to say to me: ‘You should really teach your son to learn how to share, it would be better for him,’” the TikToker said. “I’m sorry, my son should learn how to share? Your daughter walked up and shoved my son three times, so my child should allow your child to push him and that’s acceptable and he should share with that human?” In the video, Amundsen then acknowledged that “everyone has different opinions on sharing,” and that she “likes” sharing and “thinks it’s nice,” but also doesn’t believe “you have to force your child to share, especially when another child is getting physical with them”. According to Amundsen, she ultimately told the other mother that they could “agree to disagree” when it came to their respective opinions about sharing. As of 25 July, the TikToker’s video, which she captioned: “What do you think? We don’t force sharing and find our kids do it naturally most of the time. But why would anyone share with someone being mean?” has been viewed more than 609,000 times, prompting other parents to weigh in in the comments. In response, the majority of viewers said they agreed with Amundsen on the basis that sharing shouldn’t be expected after “pushing”. “I totally agree with you. Definitely not sharing after pushing. Oh heck no,” one person wrote. Another said: “Absolutely agree. Also what is he supposed to share? I don’t understand, she wants him to let her use the single water spout that he was playing with?” “Wowww, the nerve of that other mom. In all fairness, you have better control than me,” someone else wrote, prompting Amundsen to reveal that she was “too stunned to speak” during the confrontation. In response to another comment, she said she was in “true shock” but that she was later “kicking” herself for “not saying more”. The Independent has contacted Amundsen for comment. Read More Woman claims restaurant ‘hack’ for toddlers solves family dinners out Woman praised for refusing to switch first class seat on plane with child Mom sparks backlash for piercing newborn’s ears in hospital: ‘How is that even legal?’ Schoolboy almost dies from swallowing magnets for TikTok challenge Woman shares honest review of New York City apartment TikTok mom slammed after making 5-year-old son run in 104 degree heat
2023-07-26 05:57

Record-Breaking Wildfires Drag Economic Growth Lower in Canada
Canada’s worst wildfire season on record, along with growing droughts in many parts of the country, have taken
2023-09-02 00:26

Start Talking: How to Set Up Discord Voice Chat on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
These days, Discord is the preferred way for gamers (and other communities) to connect online.
2023-06-19 22:52

The world's biggest ice cream company says heat waves may not help sales
Can it ever be too hot for ice cream? According to Unilever, yes.
2023-07-25 22:27

Abercrombie & Fitch raises annual sales forecast, shares jump 20%
(Reuters) -Abercrombie & Fitch Inc raised its annual sales on Wednesday, banking on steady demand for its clothes and accessories
2023-05-24 19:54

Amazon Black Friday Ad
It wouldn't be Black Friday without Amazon. And like the Prime Days from earlier this
2023-11-11 07:52

Game developers are furious about Unity's new installation-based fees
Game engine Unity has announced it will begin charging developers a fee every time a
2023-09-13 17:22

Cancer-hit dad who planned his own funeral defies doctors’ three-week life expectancy prognosis
A father-of-three who was told he looked like “Casper the ghost” before being diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) and given three weeks to live, meaning he has planned his own Requiem Mass and funeral, has defied doctors’ expectations by outliving his prognosis by more than a year and said he is going to “keep fighting”. Dennis Blackman, 62, a former chartered building surveyor and carer who lives in Eltham, London, said he has always been active – playing rugby, lifting weights, and going to the gym at least three times a week. However this all changed when he suffered an unexpected stroke in 2015. His health deteriorated over the following years, he had a hip replacement at 58, and after experiencing symptoms of extreme exhaustion, cold hands, and muscle weakness in early 2022, his wife Sally, 62, a former flooring showroom manager, suggested he book a doctor’s appointment. After weeks of blood tests and blood transfusions in hospital and being told he looked like “Casper the ghost” because he was so pale, he underwent a bone marrow biopsy, and this led to the devastating news in March 2022 that he has AML – a type of blood cancer – and three weeks to live. Dennis told PA Real Life: “I just broke down and I had this unbelievable feeling of guilt because I said to the consultant: ‘What have I done wrong? How do I tell my children and wife?’ “It’s a huge burden to put on someone, to tell them that you’re dying and it’s going to be very quick. “We had many dark days, and every time I looked into my children’s eyes I just burst into tears… it was a very emotional period for all of us.” Dennis, who has lost 50kg (7st 9lbs) since his diagnosis, did not start chemotherapy until months later due to him being too weak, and in January 2023, he was told the chemotherapy was “not working any more”. From that point on, he said he wanted to “enjoy each day” rather than pursuing more aggressive forms of treatment – and since then, he has planned his own Requiem Mass with hymns such as How Great Thou Art and Ave Maria (As I Kneel Before You), as well as the arrangements for his funeral. Now, Dennis continues to drive, go shopping, and enjoy time with his family, and he said he is going to “keep fighting” during the time he has left as “you only have one life”. “Every day you go to bed and you think: ‘Am I going to wake up tomorrow?’ And then each morning you think: ‘Is it going to be today that I’m going to die?’” Dennis explained. “It was extremely difficult in the beginning and I tried to shut the world out… but as time went on, I realised you can’t live like this forever. “You only get one life, so I’m going to do everything I can to keep fighting.” During his 40s and early 50s, Dennis said he enjoyed going out for meals with his wife Sally, playing rugby with his sons James, 37, and Joe, 31, and keeping fit by going to the gym several times a week. He foresaw spending his days in retirement with his family, out in the garden, or fishing, but he said this all changed when he had a stroke in 2015, aged 54, and his health declined from then on. In early 2022, he spent six weeks at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in London after noticing some unusual symptoms and was told: “You look like Casper (the ghost), you’re very anaemic.” He then underwent several blood tests and blood transfusions, and although he had “an idea” that he may have cancer, he said he could never have prepared himself for his diagnosis on March 31 2022. “About one o’clock, I had a knock at the door and I thought: ‘That’s ominous’,” Dennis said. “The consultant and the specialist nurse came in and they said: ‘Unfortunately it’s bad news, you’ve got severe AML and there’s not a lot we can do at this stage.’ “’You’ve got three weeks to live, and I’d advise you to go home and tell your wife and family, and make sure everything’s in order because you haven’t got long left’.” Given Dennis has severe neutropenia as well – a low number of white blood cells – he is at a higher risk of contracting serious infections, and this meant he missed several family celebrations in the months that followed, including his grandson’s birthday party and stepdaughter’s wedding. He developed multiple chest infections and fevers and was not deemed fit enough to start chemotherapy straight away, and he ended up spending three months in hospital from July to October. “We thought we were going to lose him, he was so ill,” Sally, who has been married to Dennis for 10 years, explained. “Even the consultant thought we were going to lose him. “I was scared because I just thought: ‘How can this be happening when we’ve only just met each other?’ We just thought we were going to have the rest of our lives together.” However, Dennis, who is Catholic, said he “fought and prayed every day”, adding: “I said to the consultant: ‘If you promise to me you won’t give up on me medically, I promise I’ll fight this all the way.’” Dennis was determined to get better and, with the help of a physiotherapist, he built up his strength – and at one point, he was walking 10,000 steps a day along the hospital corridor. Towards the end of October 2022, Dennis said “everything seemed hunky dory” and he commenced the first of four rounds of chemotherapy, where he experienced nausea, exhaustion, and “tremendous leg bone pain”. By January, he was told the chemotherapy was “not working”, but rather than trying other forms of treatment, he said he wanted to “enjoy the little things” and the time he has left. He has planned his own Requiem Mass and funeral to relieve any pressure from his family, but also to give him “strength” and some control over his destiny – and aside from his regular check-ups and blood tests each week, he is setting himself small milestones, such as attending a Madness concert at the O2 in December. Although he is “struggling to survive”, he said he would do “anything to get another day” – and that is why he is holding onto hope and wants to encourage others never to give up. “Even though I pray every day, not once have I asked God to take it away from me – all I ask is that He’s with me when I need him, to give me the strength to carry on fighting,” he said. “Leukaemia is painful and every day I question whether I’ll see another day, but we just try and keep going and I hope that my story gives hope to others. “I’ve still got lots of memories to make yet, so I’m going to fight this all the way.” For more information and support, visit Leukaemia Care’s website at leukaemiacare.org.uk Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live One in 10 ‘spending beyond their means’ – try these 7 cutbacks guaranteed to save families money What is combination cholesterol therapy, as study suggests it could save lives? Cancer cases in young people ‘are rising’ – the warning signs to look out for
2023-09-06 21:27
You Might Like...

Engineers partially restore rail service after train derailed in southern Pakistan, killing 30

This portable projector with a 40-inch screen is just $230

Popeyes is coming back to China in a big way

Where are Rex Heuermann's cats? Family of Gilgo Beach murders suspect claims cops put pets in kill shelter

Philippine Stock Benchmark On Verge of Technical Correction

Diablo 4 releases next week: How to play the game in early access

Stan Wawrinka on setbacks, preparing for Wimbledon and friendship with Roger Federer

First ever Florida Man games will feature beer belly wrestling and 'evading arrest' obstacle course